Layer 2 Community Grants 2022
Calling all Ethereans! The Ethereum Foundation offers a pool of $750,000 in grants that will help scale the network while preserving decentralization and public goods.
Applications for this grant wave are closed.
If you're still interested in pursuing grants for a project, you can still go through our standard applications.
Layer 2 Community Grants 2022
The Ethereum Foundation sponsors grants to support layer 2 applications, analytics and education. Rollups are layer 2 scaling solutions for Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. This grants round has up to $750,000 in total available.
Proposals are due in 6 weeks from October 24th, 2022.
All of the details you’ll need to apply can be found below.
- The Ethereum Foundation is launching a grants initiative to encourage research and development around layer 2 applications and education from researching L2 metrics, multi-layer block explorer, compression for rollups, and educating more users on L2.
- Layer 2 continues to grow rapidly, and the ecosystem needs more builders - Read below and apply (all genuine applications are reviewed and replied to with feedback).
Surprise us with your creativity! But here are a few ideas to kickstart your imagination:
- An open-source block explorer that supports all rollups
- Better compression for rollups
- Research and define metrics for better understanding and comparing L2 activity -- e.g. transactions, TVL, etc
- Check out a full list here
- The goal of this grant round is to foster a community that builds applications, analytics and education
- Anyone passionate about building layer 2 applications and tools
- This is especially a good opportunity for builders that want to learn more about zero-knowledge applications
- Worldwide applications encouraged
- This is open to both individuals and teams
- For-profit companies can apply, although the work for the grant must be open source, freely accessible and non-commercial
The grant application window opens for 6 weeks from October 24th, 2022 and closes on December 5th, 2022
Submit a proposal at any stage of your project
- Ideas and projects at any stage of development are welcome:
- Idea phase
- Work in progress
- Fleshed out project
- Grants are decided case-by-case basis, and you may enter more than one proposal! So long as each proposal is unique and meets the requirements
- We may contact you to discuss the project in more detail
- Proposals must be in English
- Work must be open source with a free and permissive license
- If published work, it must be accessible by a URL
A few selection criteria considerations (depending on the submission type, some criteria might not be applicable):
- Potential impact on the Layer 2 ecosystem
- Relevant team experience for the project
- Clarity, conciseness and organization of documentation
- Timeline of project
Next steps and support
- For general support questions about your submission, please email [email protected]