Road to Devcon Grants
Devcon 7 is heading to Southeast Asia in 2024! In an effort to promote education on Ethereum in Southeast Asia prior to Devcon 7, we are excited to offer financial and non-financial support for meetups, events, and other educational initiatives happening along the Road to Devcon. Read on for details.
Join the Road to Devcon
Calling all community organizers!
We are excited to announce that we will be launching a funding round to support and empower the Ethereum community in Southeast Asia. Inspired by the involvement of the flourishing Latin American Ethereum community at Devcon VI in Bogotá, we aim to create a similar impact in Southeast Asia with the Road to Devcon 7.
One of the reasons we plan to organize Devcon in 2024 instead of 2023 is to give more time for your local communities to grow and blossom. We want to help new grassroots communities sprout up in the infinite garden. Let's see what kind of magic you can create!
In collaboration with the Ecosystem Support team, this funding round will be a wave of small sponsorships (up to $1,000) to help cover costs incurred in organizing small-scale events, such as local meetups or topical workshops, and other local educational initiatives.
We want to hear from organizers of:
- University clubs
- Grassroots communities
- Local education initiatives or projects
Other community efforts - creative formats are welcome to apply!
To be eligible for a grant, your event should be:
- Ethereum focused
- Free to attend
- Open to anyone
- Not focused on investment, price or token sales
- Events that have already taken place are not eligible
- Focused in Southeast Asia (or nearby regions)
How to apply
- Submit this form with your event idea and detailed budget request
- Wait to hear back from the Devcon team about event and budget approval
- If approved, we will notify your team and send an invoice request for the approved budget
- Host your event and document it!
- Take photos of the event showing the number present
- Get a copy of presentation materials and slides to show the themes discussed
- Follow up with the Devcon team with a review of the event and the documentation material from #4
Once you've submitted your application, we'll follow up by email.
- How big is the audience / how many people will the event reach?
- How does the plan aim to publicize and expand reach?
- Does the group have a history of organizing successful events?
- What is the purpose of the funding requested?
Next steps and support
For any general support questions about your submission, please email [email protected].