Devcon Grants Round
In an effort to promote education around the Ethereum in Colombia and Latin America in advance of Devcon, we would like to offer support (both monetary and otherwise) to meetups and events happening in Latin America before Devcon. Read on for details.
Road to Devcon Meetup and Event Grants
Calling all community organizers!
As much as we're looking forward to Devcon, it's far from the only place that the Ethereum community comes together. This past year has shown us just how much we depend on community-run events to keep us connected even while we're apart, and we want to support you in doing that crucial work.
In collaboration with the Ecosystem Support team, we're announcing a wave of small grants to help cover costs incurred in organizing smaller-scale events such as local meetups or topical workshops.
We want to hear from organizers of:
- Other community events - creative formats are welcome to apply!
To be eligible for a grant, your event should be:
- Based in Latin America
- Ethereum focused
- Free to attend
- Open to anyone
- Not focused on investment, price or token sales
- Events that have already taken place are not eligible
How to apply
- Submit this form with your event idea and detailed budget request
- Wait to hear back from the Devcon team about event and budget approval
- If approved, host your event, including Road to Devcon branding, and document it:
- Take photos of the event showing the number present
- Get a copy of presentation materials and slides to show the themes discussed
- Receipts from the event
- Follow up with the Devcon team with a review of the event and the documentation material from #3
- The Devcon team will reimburse based on the pre-approved budget
Once you've submitted your application, we'll follow up by email.
- How big is the audience / how many people will the event reach?
- How does the plan aim to publicize and expand reach?
- Does the group have a history of organizing successful events?
- What is the purpose of the funding requested?
Next steps and support
For any general support questions about your submission, please email [email protected].