🚨 The deadline for submission has passed. Stay tuned for updates.
Calling all community organizers!
As much as we're looking forward to Devcon, it's far from the only place that the Ethereum community comes together. This past year has shown us just how much we depend on community-run events to keep us connected even while we're apart, and we want to support you in doing that crucial work.
In collaboration with the Ecosystem Support team, we're announcing a wave of small grants, from $500-1500 USD, to help cover costs incurred in organizing smaller-scale events such as local meetups or topical workshops.
We want to hear from organizers of:
- Other community events - creative formats are welcome to apply!
To be eligible for a grant, your event should be:
- Ethereum focused
- Free to attend
- Open to anyone
- If held in person, compliant with all local COVID-19 restrictions and guidance
- Not focused on investment, price or token sales
- Events that have already taken place are not eligible
Fill out the form below to request funding for your event. Grants range from $500-1500 USD; you'll need to submit a budget detailing how funds will be used.
If your event doesn't have financial costs attached, get in touch anyway! We'd love to list it on the Road to Devcon events page and share announcements and recordings. We may also be able to help with other aspects like sourcing speakers or getting access to virtual meetup tools.
Once you've submitted your application, we'll follow up by email.
- Size and reach of target audience
- "Get the word out" strategy
- History of organizing successful events
- Purpose and impact of funding
The deadline for proposals is end of day anywhere on Earth on August 12. We will follow up by email within 2 business days to confirm that we've received your submission.
- Please read eligibility criteria above to make sure your event is eligible
- Events may be held in any language, but we're currently only able to accept proposals in English, Spanish, Chinese.
- Events must be publicly posted.
For any general support questions about your submission, please email [email protected]
Events of any size, location, demographic or (Ethereum-related) topic are welcome to apply as long as they meet the application criteria.
Your event should have a confirmed date. Other than that, any stage of planning is fine!
Nope! We understand that a lot of smaller events won't have a long list of speakers or other sponsors - but if you do have any speakers or sponsors lined up, please let us know.
What if I miss the deadline, my event is not eligible or I want to request an amount above the limit for this round?
You can always submit an inquiry for sponsorship or other support through the Ecosystem Support Program (ESP), the EF's general support initiative.