In an effort to support the growth of the Ethereum community in Colombia and LatAm in advance of Devcon, we would like to offer support (both monetary and otherwise) to meetups and events happening before Devcon. Read on for details.
Calling all community organizers!
As much as we're looking forward to Devcon, it's far from the only place that the Ethereum community comes together. This past year has shown us just how much we depend on community-run events to keep us connected even while we're apart, and we want to support you in doing that crucial work.
In collaboration with the Ecosystem Support team, we're announcing a wave of small grants to help cover costs incurred in organizing smaller-scale events such as local meetups or topical workshops.
We want to hear from organizers of:
- Other community events - creative formats are welcome to apply!
To be eligible for a grant, your event should be:
- Based in Latin America
- Ethereum focused
- Free to attend
- Open to anyone
- Not focused on investment, price or token sales
- Events that have already taken place are not eligible
- Submit this form with your event idea and detailed budget request.
- Wait to hear back from the Devcon team about event and budget approval.
- If approved, host your event, including Road to Devcon branding, and document it:
- Take photos of the event showing the number present.
- Get a copy of presentation materials and slides to show the themes discussed.
- Receipts from the event.
- Follow up with the Devcon team with a review of the event and the documentation material from #3.
- The Devcon team will reimburse based on the pre-approved budget.
Once you've submitted your application, we'll follow up by email.
- Size and reach of target audience
- "Get the word out" strategy
- History of organizing successful events
- Purpose and impact of funding
- Please read eligibility criteria above to make sure your event is eligible
- Events may be held in any language, but we're currently only able to accept proposals in English, or Spanish.
- Events must be publicly posted.
For any general support questions about your submission, please email [email protected]
Events of any size, location, demographic or (Ethereum-related) topic are welcome to apply as long as they meet the application criteria.
Your event should have a confirmed date. Other than that, any stage of planning is fine!
Nope! We understand that a lot of smaller events won't have a long list of speakers or other sponsors - but if you do have any speakers or sponsors lined up, please let us know.
What if I miss the deadline, my event is not eligible or I want to request an amount above the limit for this round?
You can always submit an inquiry for sponsorship or other support through the Ecosystem Support Program (ESP), the EF's general support initiative.