Guide to ESP
Onboarding and Disbursement
If your proposal is approved, your grant is awarded and moves to the disbursement team for onboarding.
- The disbursement team reaches out with an onboarding guide, KYC ("Know Your Customer") request, and Payment Details request. KYC is required for all grantees in order for us to be compliant with anti-money laundering regulations. The payment details are needed so we can pay you!
- KYC documents are checked by our legal team (see below for a list of required documents).
- A grant agreement is created, signed, and countersigned by the director of the foundation.
- Funds are disbursed according to the grant agreement and you get to work! An Ethereum Foundation evaluator will check in periodically as the project progresses.
ESP Grantee KYC Requirements
All grantees need to go through KYC (Know Your Customer) in order to receive their funds.
Grantees are required to provide the following:
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of address*
- Company Name/ Address
- Country of Incorporation
- Company ID/ tax ID in jurisdiction
- Any individuals or entities that own more than 10% of company, and how much of the company they own
- Copy of (i) passport, and (ii) proof of address* for each director, officer and shareholder
- English copy of the certificate of incorporation for your organization
- English copy of the directors register
Docs must be dated within the past year. Sensitive details can be redacted as long as the document issuer and the person's name and address are visible.
*Proof of address can include:
- Bank statements
- Credit card statements
- Utility bills
- Government correspondence
- Landline subscriptions